Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Who am I?



I don’t know why, but yesterday sucked! Do you ever have those days when you think the world is just a lousy excuse for a place to live out our human existence? It’s one of those days when you find yourself hiding under the blankets with your mug of tea still half drunk, wishing that you didn’t have to do it all again the next day. Yup, that was my day yesterday.

First of all, I never stay grumpy like that because I know that negativity breeds even more negativity. I’m not a groaner, but damn sometimes this world is just so hard to live in. What is it about being human that sucks the energy and spirit right out of you? And don’t tell me that it’s because I am not a person of faith, or because I have lost my way. That’s crap. Sometimes, this fast-paced, money focused, overly self-aware world is simply too nasty for our inner and mental health. And it’s not slowing down for anyone!

That brings me to this question…are we human beings living a spiritual life, or are we spiritual beings living a human life?

I’ve often heard the latter, that we are spiritual beings having a human experience. It could be said that within every living organism, there is spirit and there is soul. They have their own energies and they also have individual impulses that are played out according to their environment. As an animal lover, I personally believe that the human essence isn't so different from that of animal’s because it's just the packaging that distinguishes and classifies us a human being. As human beings our wills, desires, deeds and destiny are what make us spiritual but it's the actions and results of our spirit (acted out in society) that make us appear as trying to be human.

In the end I have to totally admit that I’m a moody, spiritual being that is humbled by her sensitivities. I’m also a very, unique human that functions in the way that seems the most natural for me. And, it still frustrates me. But, I will get over it soon.

1 comment:

Pixelblink said...

I'm pretty sure I went through my theory of life and spirituality before but, just for the record, I'll try and ramble through it a bit again here.

I personally believe that life - ALL life, the birds, the trees, people, rocks, the moldy uneaten burger from 7 Eleven that fell behind the magazine rack, ALL life - is connected and was, at one time, a singularly connected being. Some people might call this Gaia (The Earth Goddess). Whatever you call it, I'm fairly certain in my own mind and its loosely translated views on science and spirituality, that every piece of matter in this world, galaxy, universe, is made up of molecules/atoms/whatever.

Nothing new? Nope. What I also believe that each and every single piece of molecule has a spirit or magnetic energy to it that, when connected in a certain way, will form a state of universal nirvana. Think of it like a jigsaw puzzle. Sometimes you can get pieces to fit if you push them in the right way but they don't really make up the whole picture. You have to mix and match and you don't have the box picture to find out what it's supposed to be in the end. Also try and think of those pieces as having magnetic poles - north and south - one to attract and one to oppose. This is why we feel natural in certain situations and environments and are attracted to certain people. The same goes for the other side of the coin. Haven't you ever had that experience where you haven't even talked to a person but know that there's something wrong? The same could go with the atmosphere and environment around you. There's electricity in the air and your body is a magnetic current. What switches you on or off and why? Think about that.

So anyways, here we are, living and dying and eating and fucking. All our molecules are dispersed in various ways to our children, to the earth, the galaxy, whatever. The main problems lays in the fact that man has decided to fuck around with it all and it's gotten bungled up somehow.through scientific experiments such as cloning, gene splicing, cell reforming in fruits and vegetables and animals in general. New materials are created everyday that wouldn't exist if man hadn't screwed with them.

Fear not though. Nature has it's way of sorting itself out through any means possible. Given time (lots of time), all these molecules will be placed in their correct order and the universe will be whole again on a cellular level.

This turned out to be a bit of a short story than a quick comment but I think you get the drift. Don't let the world get you down just because it's deciding to counteract your magnetic charms :) Just go with the flow and see where the world is wanting to take you.

One of my favourite quotes from a book I read that I always remember is:
"Time is never wasted. Wherever we go, whatever we do, everything is an aspect of education even when we don't immediately grasp the lesson"
"

Which, to me, means that let your life teach you the lessons it needs to learn even if they seem so negative and pointless. If you hadn't written about your crapppy day, I wouldn't have written this short novella in your blog and you wouldn't have decided to change your plans for tomorrow night so you, Cyril, and I can go out and shake our boo-tays!