Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What about BORAT?



I don't usually feel compelled to write about movies, but this one is absolutely necessary (given all the hype). Everyone's talking about Borat. Okay, okay, okay. I saw the movie and need to forwarn anyone who has an inch of taste to NOT waste your money.

I certainly didn't like it. Why, you ask? I'd rather not tell you why. If I told you specifically my reasons for hating it, I may entice you to go check it out for yourself. In fact, I don't wish to give anybody, any good reason to make this movie any more of a huge block buster than it already is. Costing only something like 4 million to make, this movie has already pulled in at least 15 times that at the box office.

In the end, I have to say that the popularity of this show is a sad commentary on our society. It's surprising that it has got as many laughs as it did. Let's just say that I still don't understand why having a retarded brother locked up in a cage is funny. Perhaps I am over sensitive. But, a sister as a prostitute? Ergh, come on!

No comments: