Friday, February 16, 2007

Perhaps, it wasn't meant to be...

“There’s nothing like rejection to make you do an inventory of yourself.”
- James Lee Burke

So I didn’t get the job. I went through the rigorous interview process, put my heart into it and said my prayers of gratitude for the opportunity. But, I was rejected. I probably should just end this post right here but I won’t…because just as life does, you gotta keep on going. If my mom were here she would say something to the tune of “next time you’ll get them!” Although I know it doesn’t serve a purpose, I am upset about it and I am dwelling. What should I do now?

Perhaps it wasn’t meant to be. There is so much in life that can be reasoned with that one sentence. Even if I don’t know what is meant for me, somehow, that expression makes me feel better.

2 comments:

Pixelblink said...

aw baby... I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out. But, like I've said before, you're meant for much more than teaching a bunch of spoiled little foreign rich kids.

You have so much heart and I hate to see you pour it out into an empty-minded classroom.

We'll have to get together and drink away your sorrows soon.

Debbie said...

Thanks pixelblink...