Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm Obsolete!

After searching the Internet for job postings over the past couple of months, I have come to the sad realization that I am obsolete - I have absolutely no computer knowledge. There isn’t a reputable company out there that will hire me because of it.

I am a teacher: I have a lot of people skills, deal well in the leadership role, communicate excellently and I don’t need to be supervised. All this time, I thought that it was enough. But now I need to know how to use things like Java, Dreamweaver and e-learning software that I haven’t even heard of. Argh…my world is crashing down on me. The truth is I have been trying to ignore the onset of the computer age ever since I started teaching. Unfortunately, I can’t ignore it anymore. I’ve registered into an HTML course and will start there. There’s a lot to learn so I think I’ll start at the beginning, *Sigh…So….have any of you felt like this?

No comments: