Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Pursuit of Happyness

Do you work at being happy?
How do you pursue your happiness?

In life I think we can work to be happy... or we can work at being happy.
For me, we work to be happy whenever we pursue a goal.
And we work at being happy whenever we let loose, laugh, dance, relax and enjoy life.

I am trying to squeeze out meaning from these questions and the answers.
Sometimes it seems I am forcing happiness, and it even sometimes eludes me.
But in the end, I still feel very optimisitic about life. I see more beauty everyday, everywhere I go.

So I ask you one question: To which pursuit of happiness do you devote the majority of your life?

2 comments:

Pixelblink said...

I don't work necessarily at being happy but more so in being content.

I think if you pursue happiness to a certain degree, you'll become disenchanted with yourself and your goals. Buddhists live their lives in a perfect state of contentment and enlightenment. I think that's something worthy of attaining.

Anyways, I'm a sick little bugger right now as I've got the flu. So, I'm gonna go right ahead and zzzzz...

Debbie said...

According to the books I've read, you are right! Trying to control something like happiness always ends up backfiring. I've even heard that it's impossible to control an emotion like that. And it's dangerous to even try- you end up hating what ever it was you were trying to do and you then turn into a big grump. OR something like that.